With Altaro VM Backup, you can get started quickly: install and run your first virtual machine (VM) backup in less than 15 minutes, without the need for complex configurations, software dependencies, or steep learning curves.
Altaro VM Backup is designed to give you the reliability and performance you need, without hassle or complexity, so you can deliver value to your organization immediately and consistently.
- Easy to use, intuitive UI - making it simple for you to implement a reliable backup strategy
- Fast and simple to manage and configure backup/restore and replication tasks across multiple hosts
- Full control and scalability – Monitor and manage all your Hyper-V and VMware hosts from a single console
- No training required: Altaro VM Backup is user-friendly, and unlike competing products, doesn’t require you to achieve certification to be able to manage and run it
- Augmented Inline Deduplication - Drastically reduce backup storage requirements on both local and offsite locations, and therefore significantly speed up backups with Altaro's unique de-dupe process. info icon
- WAN-Optimized Replication – You can replicate your VMs to a remote site continually, drastically improving the Recovery Time Objective (RTO).
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) – Switch from running daily backups to backing up as frequently as every 5 minutes through a continuous data protection model, significantly improving the Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Concurrency - Run more efficient backup operations, by allowing more VMs to be backed up at the same time, allowing you to drastically reduce your defined backup window.
- Back up live VMs by leveraging Microsoft VSS with zero downtime.
- Fully supports Cluster Shared Volumes & VMware vCenter.
- Schedule backups the way you want them.
- Specify backup retention policies for individual VMs.
- Back up VMs to multiple backup locations.
- Native integration with multiple cloud storage providers - Store your backups to MS Azure, Amazon S3 and Wasabi with ease. Simply input your access credentials and Altaro VM Backup will securely and seamlessly handle the data transfers, without requiring any additional resources running in the cloud to provide backup storage.
- Back up to other public clouds - The Altaro Offsite Server, provided at no cost, can be installed on a VM in any cloud platform such as Google Storage, to act as a backup server in the cloud.
- Grandfather-Father-Son Archiving (GFS) - Archive backup versions in addition to your continuous and daily backups, by setting up separate backup cycles so you can store a new backup version every week, every month, and every year.
- 3-2-1 backup - Keep at least three copies of your data for added security, 2 local copies and at least 1 copy offsite. More info
- 256-bit AES encryption - All Altaro offsite backup copies automatically benefit from 256-bit AES encryption through the secure passphrase you configure upon initial setup. Encryption is optional for local backups.